Friday 17 December 2010

evaluation question 3

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stage?

I have used media technologies very effectively throughout my production. technology was used throughout the whole production planning and even the evaluation. Technology was mostly used within the production as there were many different types of technology we had to use to produce our trailer, one of the main technologies we used for the trailer was imovie to create the sequence and put all the scenes and music in the right places to create the final teaser trailer for our film production. The trailer needed many other technologies to be used to create the final product these technologies also include garageband on the apple imac computers to help us create certain sounds we needed such as a kick drum and high pitched strings.

Within the research and planning section is where I began to use blogger much more and blogger itself is one of the main technologies I used in this section it was very helpful as I could simply keep track of what I have researched and could blog what the research meant. Blogger also alowed me to plan for my production by using other internet websites such as google to gather information on genre and teaser trailers which helped me plan for the trailer I created. The research and planning section meant that I did much more individual research into props and mise en scene of the horror genre and searched the internet using websites such as youtube to find existing horror films to help me and my group decide on what type of horror we will produce and what horror conventions we will include.



There were many different types of technologies used ranging from technological equipment to softwares and websites such as youtube and photoshop. These technologies helped me with taking the footage for my production and editing different types of ancillery texts such as our film poster on photoshop.



Media technologies were used throughout the whole project I believe I used it very effectively when it came to analysing different trailers such as "The American" and "The Grudge 2". Technology played a big part in this as it would show me how to use different technologies such as cameras for the shooting of the video and effects used to develop the footage this helped me gain ideas for my production work and develop on real media forms.

below are both the URL's for the posts of the analysing of The American and The Grudge 2.

http://ertannebija.blogspot.com/2010/11/analysing-film-trailer-grudge-2.html

http://ertannebija.blogspot.com/2010/09/analysing-trailer-american.html

As opposed to all the technology softwares used there were many hardware technology items used within the stages of the production as we used a sony handy camcorder this was a useful piece of technology as it allowed me and my group to film our trailer. As well as a camcorder there was use of a tripod to help keep the shots still and steady to look more proffessional. we also used a digital camera to take pictures for evidence which helped within bot the research and planning and the evaluation sections.

One of the main types of technologies used was imovie on the apple mac computers which is a software which allows you to upload footage and edit it by cuttin scenes adding effects and music it also allows you to cut the scenes and work the music with all the shots and the cuts.

Overall media technologies were used within all the stages and was very important to the completion of all the stages of the research and planning, evaluation and production. youtube was used to upload the trailer and promote the film acorss a worldwide market. After using all the different media technologies we managed to create a good film poster, magazine and most important a proffessional and well made trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment